All I need now is some pink custard and I'll be transported right back to 1980!
Lloyd was just about to go out and start the mammoth task of cutting the grass. I decided I would bake, so asked him what he'd like me to make. He said he fancied coconut, raspberry sponge. So he went out and I searched for a recipe.
It really couldn't be more simple
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz sugar
- 10 oz SR flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- half a Jar of raspberry jam
- Pack of Desiccated Coconut
- What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4, Fan 170. Grease and line a roasting tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well with each addition. If the mixture starts to separate, add a little flour with the egg. Fold in the remaining flour and the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and level the surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until well-risen and golden, and coming away from the sides of the tin.
- Turn the cake out of the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Spread your jam of choice over the top of the cake and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Cut into individual small cakes.
We were going to make some custard to go with it, but we've run out of milk.