Monday, April 14, 2008


Which came first, the chicken or the .....EGG!
Finally we have an egg! I went to feed the chickens this morning and as ever checked in their nests, pretty half heartedly, to see if there was an egg....and THERE WAS! ONE EGG.
We're so proud!
So we ate it!

see how yellow it is? See how perfect!! haha


My wee hut has arrived too - but the weather has been so terrible that it's not up yet.
Nick and lloyd cleared the concrete slab that was already in the orchard. Matt is coming on Tuesday, weather permitting, to put it up with us.
Brodie helped too.
It really looks like Autumn in the photos.


We had our first soup and sandwiches of winterish! French onion - perfect.

Also had some guests in the Acorn, who very nicely mentioned that the mattress was a bit uncomfortable - well we tried it and that was an extremely polite understatement! So we took all the money that we'd just got for the rent and went to buy a new mattress. Got it home and took the old one off and put the new one on, it was better but still not great. So then I checked the spring frames - turns out they were on upside down - oops! Luckily the shop was very understanding and took the new one back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x