Friday, December 19, 2008



Rum race!

We're just back from the absolute best evening! Richard invited us to be crew on his yacht for the Friday night race in the bay. Not that either of us have ever crewed before, in fact I've never even been on a yacht!
Anyway as soon as we got on the boat the vodka was opened. This may have had something to do with the fact that we started 10 minutes after our class left cos we didn't realise that they'd all gone! We were in the little yacht class and we ended up leaving with the bigger ones - so we were pretty much on a hiding to nothing the only thing left to do was open the rum.

It was a gorgeous night and we actually learned a lot - mainly that rum and sailing do mix!
Of the 35 boats that set off we were last home, but I actually think we had the best fun!
the crew - Pat, me, Richard, Danny and Lloyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x