Friday, December 11, 2009


The Santa Parade
Was today. It was a scorcher. There were 50 floats this year which is pretty huge for a fairly small town and loads of people turned out. We had a few friends in the parade - Sara was on the medical centre float and Iz was walking round with her group. It was a brilliant afternoon ( we were so lucky and finished work early today so we could zoom down to watch.)

I took lots and lots of out of focus, hand/head in the way  and just plain rubbish photographs, but here are some that hopefully give the feeling of the atmosphere and how good the floats were.

 
This is the guy from the ITM fishing show - he lives near here, They had the tv camera on the boat!





 
Crowd scene!


Sara and the doctors and nurses!


 
 











 




Ah! The pipe band! Fair brought a tear to my eye! I've never heard a pipe band play jingle bells before - rather surreal



3 comments:

  1. Tylasnan11:34 pm

    Oh Laura thank you for sharing the parade. Even though I don't have a drop of Scottish blood every time I hear a Pipe Band I have tears in my eyes! Adore the bagpipes.
    Damn hot here too! Just drove back from Brisbane.

    Cheers! Karen (near Bundaberg)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan and Penny6:59 am

    Hi Laura--what fun! All the floats and jollity look like Addingham Gala (pronounced Gayla not Garla!!) only better. Our hot sunny days for it are few and far between, but we also have a procession down the Main Street, headed by a pipe band, as many floats as can now afford the exhorbitant insurance cover (No-one's fallen off yet!), and many children walking in fancy dress. It was great fun when "our lot" were small and took part. Alan and I still go but don't stay very long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 am

    There is something about a parade that brings out the best of everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x