Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Deck, so far.
Matt arrived on Tuesday with Elliot to do the deck. He reckons they'll have it done by Friday and I think they will. We've had Matt make and build various things for us and he's a total perfectionist and always does a beautiful job.
 
These are the materials arriving. We were pleased it was dull as it was still almost 30 degrees but with no sun it wasn't so scorching to be working outside.


  
This where it had got to last night. All measured out and the foundations cemented in place, left to dry overnight.


  
Today they've been laying the top wood and getting the spa all level.
I am desperate to get planting and seeding some grass, but I know unless we water it every day, a lot, it's just not going to grow now, so I'll have to be patient.
I'm so happy, this is something I've been wanting to do since we moved in as I really disliked the way it was, but other things took priority, as is the way! But this time we'd saved up and I was determined, that barring a disaster this is what the money was for! Yeh! :)


2 comments:

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x