Monday, June 07, 2010

Yum
We've just had our Sunday night 'Soup and Sandwiches' with NandS. I won't say more as I'm sure Lloyd will write about the food - suffice to say it was lovely, as were Nand S, of course!

Before
Nice wee table all ready for dinner.

During
brussel sprout and bacon soup, chicken liver and freshly cooked crusty rolls - lovely!

After
All gone! Nothing left!

A couple of days ago I posted a pic of our stove on my Facebook page. It got so many comments from friends. One of them said I should try to toast marshmallows on it.  Why on earth did I never think to do that? Inspired!
I even had some in the cupboard - I was going to try to make some easy fondant icing and had found a recipe that said you could use marshmallows. Well I never got round to it - no surprise there. But the loss of fondant was my gain. They toasted brilliantly!
Double Yum
the white ones are my favourite.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lovely Laura, thank you so much for the award and for helping me link them - told you this Jedi had much to learn from a master!

    Having been awarded 3 awards, much to my surprise, I noticed you didn't have two of them! So, I would like to pass the two you don't have to you too as you have had a part to play in me receiving them as you inspired me to start blogging and look what you have created, a monster! Have a look at my page http://rmontalban.blogspot.com/2010/06/passing-on-love.html
    to collect your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, I have just taken a stack of pictures of Dexter and his pals roasting them over our bbq pit whilst camping! Post will go up sometime this week!

    Thank you for the award again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:38 am

    Toasted marshmallows - yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x