Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mid Winter?

Doesn't look like it, but it is.
We went out on 'Twilight Bay' again today.  The weather has been lovely for the last few days so we were really hoping that when we woke up this morning it would still be nice, and thankfully it was.
We drove to Whangaroa and met up with Paula and Danny, Bart and Mel and tiny Liam. It was one of those perfect days. It was so calm that we went out of the bay and up to the Cavallis, then stopped and had lunch just in sight of where the Rainbow Warrior sunk.
We started off with marlin sashimi and some gorgeous cheeses, then had some roast wild pork, finishing it all off with banoffee pie - Danny makes the best banoffee pie I've ever tasted ( and I don't even like bananas!)
It was just one of those simply lovely days.
Beautiful Whangaroa Harbour





On the water


my feet! 


lunch - YUM. and lashings of ginger beer to combat the seasickness!

10 comments:

  1. Stunning pics. i love the one with the bird in it especially.

    I can't believe you Northlanders are having such a mild winter. It has been utterly freezing down here in the South Island this year!

    Just found your blog and so glad i did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura ....we have the same feet!! That second toe is longer than the big toe. Cool!
    I posted a pic on my blog about my feet and someone made a comment about my toes. See...we are special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better it did rain a few days ago and we have had 2 frosts! :) xx

    maa - I think my big toe is the smallest of all my toes! It is weird :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having lovely winter weather. What a great day on the water you had, food, drink, good conversation, fun. My second toe is also longer than my big toe.

    Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura's Mum11:55 pm

    The day out looked super, midwinter?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Laura! I have traveled to your blog from "Soaring". I LOVE your photos! They are wonderful! The outing on the boat sounds so perfect. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great day! it was 97F and so humid here in nyc yesterday. i didn't even go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds and looks amazing! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy....and share with us too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible pictures! Love them! Wishin I was out on the boat too. LOL Enjoy!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. We live in a beautiful part of the world don't we.

    So lucky.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x