Saturday, November 06, 2010

Very simple Guacamole

I have ripe avocados ~ courtesy of egg trade ~  that if I don't use soon they will be past their best and I can't waste avocados!
Cue ( is that right?) guacamole.
 I love guacamole, but I don't like it when it has peppers and stuff in it, I like it simple.
So here's my recipe

As many avocados as you have
cut up and moosh with a fork
add zest of a lemon and juice of half the lemon ( this was for 6 small avos)
A handful of coriander finely chopped
salt to taste
mix it all up
voila!

And best thing, it can be frozen.


5 comments:

  1. WendyJW11:05 am

    oh yum - and I can still say that 8am on a Saturday morning after dinner at an Indian restuarant last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you could freeze it! Thanks for sharing. I usually add a small amount of garlic to mine also. The coriander makes a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm yes garlic would go nicely!
    I was so happy when I realised you can freeze it - I did lots last year and it all defrosted beautifully. You could add more coriander then too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love it simple too. Didn't realize you could freeze it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:06 pm

    Looks so good. I like mine simple too.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x