Friday, December 03, 2010

Basil, tomato and mozzarella salad

Dinner last night!
Yum

I just toast some crusty bread, put the salad on top of it and add olive oil and balsamic. The basil is from the garden, the tomatoes are from New World ( ours are only flowering) and the mozzarella is from Mahoe Cheese. We're lucky enough to have them just a few minutes from the house. If you ask them nicely they will make up a bucket of mozzarella ( and just put it in brine) especially for you when they're making a batch and it is simply delicious. It's a real summer staple of ours, and to be honest we couldn't make it for what they charge us - we love the folk at Mahoe!

Oh and just to say, thinking of all my lovely family and friends in the Uk who are presently under about 4 feet of snow - poor mum got a terrible shock when she arrived back from 2 weeks of glorious hot, sunny weather, with a lovely tan, to minus whatever and a country covered in snow. Mad as it would seem, I would actually rather like to be there. I love snow. It's our Christmas Parade this evening in town and its incredibly humid and hot - and I think it should be snowy and white at Christmas!
Anyway, I'm of to mow the lawns - smothered in factor 30!

8 comments:

  1. I just get so jealous reading about your weather and it seems so strange that things could be so different and yet on the same planet. That salad looks fabulous! I love to mow the yard--I miss it :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be warm. It is rather chilly today. I just came in with my dog and my hands are frozen. Your salad is something that I make a lot of in the summer time. Enjoy your summer foods. We sure do enjoy ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed the snow is with us - went to the supermarket this evening and there were empty shelves and freezers! If it continues, I think rationing might be introduced!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll trade weathers with you! And the salad looks delicious!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my fave salads too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinner looks delicious. I would be more than happy to send you some of my snow.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x