Thursday, April 21, 2011

The story so far...


Having a lovely time. Went down to Edinburgh and met my new niece, Lily and caught up with Max and Joff and Hilary. It was mums 70th birthday so we all went out for a lovely dinner in the evening and had cakes (see macaroons above!) and yumminess in the garden in the afternoon.


We're having really gorgeous weather as well, which is the icing on the cake.
Back in Aberdeen now and enjoying a wee rest. It's been all go since i got here so it's rather nice to just chill for a bit. Missing Lloyd terribly though.

I've been managing to keep up my swimming as well, jet lag is a bit of a bonus as far as getting up early is concerned, I don't even need an alarm to get up at 5am! the nearest pool is also lovely, but very warm compared to the one at home.

10 comments:

  1. Those macaroons are the most beautiful I've ever seen! I bet they taste beautiful too!

    What a lovely occasion for you to all gather in celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those macaroons are lovely..at first I couldn't figure out what they were lol!
    That garden photo looks so inviting! Glad you are having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where I'm supposed to say "too pretty to eat" but I would totally have eaten it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The macaron look amazing! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:20 pm

    It sounds like a wonderful holiday. Those macaroons look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The macaroons were absolutely gorgeous. And, yes, almost too pretty to eat, but couldnt resist!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time. Oh...those macaroons are scrumptious aren't they? We have a french bakery in town and they make them there. So good!!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  8. The macaroons look so pretty and the backyard looks lovely too. It's nice that you're having a visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are having a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting to get to see bits of Scotland. My family on my mothers side came to the States from Scotland. Her maiden name is Douglas. Always wanted to visit Scotland. Thanks for the glimpse.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x