I haven't made any cupcakes for a while and I keep seeing pictures of cupcakes that look like Christmas trees so I decided to try my hand at some.
And I'm really pleased with them.
I decided on some gingerbread cupcakes.
Here's what I did
- 150 g butter room temperature
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs ( I used 4 as mine are pretty small)
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 3 tsp ground ginger - I like them gingery and you could definitely add even more)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1 tbsp milk
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour together with the spices.
3. Gradually mix the eggs into the creamed butter and sugar alternating with the flour to stop the mix from curdling. Finally, stir through the milk. DO NOT BREAK AN EGG SHELL INTO THE MIX like I did!
4. Place 12 paper cupcake cases into a muffin tin and divide the mixture between them.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting
- 200 g butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk
- 250 g icing sugar
- green good colouring
- I used a 1M tip for the icing and mounded it up like a tree then put some silver balls on and bits of glittery stuff.
They're lovely and moist and do taste of Christmas! I'll definitely make more.