Monday, July 01, 2013

Google Reader and Bloglovin

Ok, I admit it! When I read, eons ago, that Google reader was going kaput today - 1st July, I didn't pay the slightest bit of attention. Sort of wish I had now, cos I just realised that all the blogs I follow would have been lost to me and I'd have had to rake around for them all, and you! all my amazing, lovely followers will simply just disappear :(
So I had a scout around and discovered that a lot of bloggers have started using Bloglovin.

So I just put Bloglovin into a google search and all I needed to know appeared before my very eyes! It's easy peasy.
And the best part is that if you do it now, before google reader disappears forever, it will transport all the blogs you follow already from google reader, to Bloglovin! Result!

And for those of you who have just arrived - you will see this wee icon to your right ----------->
and if you want to keep in touch with everything that goes on here,  all you have to do is click on it. That is if you have a bloglovin account. If you don't, I promise you, it took me about 3 minutes to do it this morning! And I have to say, I really like it. The layout is lovely, clean, simple and incredibly easy to follow. You can even put an add on to Firefox that shows up in your toolbar so that you know when blogs you follow have updated. I like it!
ANd I just found out that I have people reading Our Wee Farm through Bloglovin already, so a huge big welcome to you guys, and well done for being organised!!

Anyhoo, bye bye Google Reader, it's been fun.

 4th July....
OOOKKKKKAAAYYYY! it would seem that even though Google reader has bitten the dust, it was a misconception that we were all going to lose our blog lists and followers ( for now anyway :) ) so now you have 2 options here - bloglovin OR the good old friends connect button. Aren't you lucky!
But thank you to all the lovely people who clicked on the bloglovin button - I'm a bit hooked on it now and am enjoying having it. So it wasn't a waste of time. whew!

6 comments:

  1. I was in denial for ages, convinced that someone would step in and take over Google Reader. Eventually I tried Bloglovin for a bit but have switched to Feedly, which I much prefer - and it automagically imports your Reader feeds so it's just as easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think denial was my problem too - there's so many people use google reader - it seems such a shame. I'm off to have a look at Feedly now! Just out of interest ( cos I only discovered Bloglovin today - what made you change to Feedly? xx

      Delete
  2. Hi there I just joined bloglovin yesterday but not sure how to put the little icon on my blog, any tips for this please x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, when you go to your bloglovin home page right at the top you will see a blue heart - click on that to bring down a menu and click on bloglovin button - and follow the instructions - it was really simple :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you... I followed your advice.. am completely in the dark here..lol. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x