Monday, February 05, 2007

A Very Early Morning


Deep Water Fishing
Lloyd and Nick and Andy and some others went out on a charter boat today for some deep sea fishing. He had to get up at 5 ish and Nick picked him up and off they went to Paihia. They went on a boat called The Earl Grey with Steve - they said it was absolutely brilliant. Steve was amazing ( and was dead happy to take out a group of locals!) They had to fish for their bait first then set off to deeper water. There was quite a swell
Everyone caught something - Lloyd got some golden snapper, snapper, a john dory and a kingfish!!
Lloyd's kingfish


This is Lloyd with the John Dory
Nick caught the Kingfish of the day! It was 14kg. He was dead chuffed.
The majority of the kingfish went off to be smoked and is getting picked up tomorrow. Some of the others are in our freezer and we've just eaten a kingfish fillet. I think we're going to do it again for my birthday as they reckon the girls would love it! ( If Sara and I can get over our screaming!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x