Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just been down to Auckland. There was a rugby match that N&S were going down to see and we thought it would be nice to have a wee trip ourselves. We were really lucky and Paul who has been cutting down some trees for us said he would house sit and look after the dogs and give Pixi her heroin! ( insulin!) which meant we didnt have to put the dogs into kennels - yippeeee!
The four of us booked into the Hilton Apartments - which are an amazing bargain. $300 for the night for all 4 of us - right on the water and its like this amazing duplex. We stayed there with mum and dad once and decided that if we were going again with friends or something that you really couldn't beat this for a bargain. Unfortunately I've just had a stonking cold for the last few days so didn't go to the rugby as it was peeing down a wee bit. I went to bed at 8.30pm! Last of the party animals me! This morning we all went for a wonder around and found this really nice bit - hidden away behind Queens Street - don't know what it's called but it's got some nice wee cafes and a Jo Malone !! :) So I got some new perfume.

Beside the Hilton the largest privately owned yacht thing is moored just now, it's absolutely stunning so we had a good look at it.

Then the boys went to this marina place where the boats are all stacked up in storage - it looked really cool.
After that we pretty much drove home again, but it really felt that we'd crammed a lot in.
Always nice to be home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x