Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The rocks are in position...
Next up ~ the deck!
Our lovely builder is coming next Friday to measure up with a view to starting the following week when his job at the local prison (!) ends.

Now, ignore the rather poor/hilarious photo joining. This is what we have so far - somehow when planning all this I had completely blanked that it would make a right mess! All round the bed is now soil, and very dusty soil at that. As we have no rain we won't reseed it till..whenever! It would be silly to try before the deck is in place anyway, so we're just going to have to live with the brown. Lloyd suggested painting it green...not such a daft idea to me!

Right in the pic there are faint pink/purple lines, this is the shape of the deck, which is squiff as I took the photo squiff! (if you click the pic it goes big and is clearer.)
Outside these lines will be the replanted grass and a couple of palms. A few plants were removed from the bed as well to let the new nice stuff grow. I still have some clearing and tidying to do.
There won't be any more to show for a few weeks now :( However I don't  mind, as my mum is arriving tomorrow so the world is good!

4 comments:

  1. Alan and Penny11:33 am

    What pretty-coloured rocks! I think it will look just great when it's finished, and in the meantime you'll totally ignore the soil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh,the deck looks nice.
    Can just imagine relaxing on there with a nice cool drink after a day in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing property ( just found you). Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just found you also and I love your little cottage. We moved to our little part of paradise early December and sadly the orchard had been rather neglected. Birdies got to most of the fruit before us but we have been having lovely orange juice from our orange tree. We have planted so much in the vege garden and we will start to reap the benefits shortly. We are working towards sustainability also. Love your blog.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x