Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cushion covers
I had some (what used to be) lovely box cushions. But I had left them outside on the Cape Cod chairs for about 18 months! Not surprisingly they were terribly grubby. I washed them a couple of weeks ago and amazingly they came up pretty well, unfortunately all the scrubbing made some of the buttons pop, but I put them back outside anyway. Now that they were lovely and clean the cats thought that they would be a rather nice place to sleep and...oh be sick on! ew!
I resigned myself to washing them again, but it was such a guddle ( pain in the behind, pest etc) last time, and I did rather fancy some ticking covers, that I decided to just go and get some fabric and make removable covers.
So here they are!
I'm pleased with them, not least because if the cats decide to have a wee 'moment' on them again they are very easily washed!


9 comments:

  1. Glad Im not the only one with cats like that, one of mine vomited on a book that I had borrowed from my neighbour! I had to replace the rotten thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new cushion... fine job! Gotta love them animals.. mine have destroyed more things that I care to mention. Or caused me more work but I for one would not have it any other way. Have a great day and I always enjoy reading your posts.. thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant, I love them! I'm quite glad to be animal-less for a bit lol, though this place cries out for an animal - apart from the deer and coyote, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:37 am

    They look great!! Silly cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, just lovely!! Ticking stripes is one of my favorite patterns. I SO enjoy primitives & antiques, so it goes along w/it all. Enjoy your 'new' cushions!

    Blessings from Ohio/USA...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely! Sometimes you just have to embrace change and cat vomit is probably one of those times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--these look amazing. I love that the chairs are painted that color, as it's one of my favorite colors. Very pretty. And the previous pictures of the peacocks looked so neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love the color of the chairs and the cushions...nice ticking stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous chairs! I want to sit on your porch and drink iced tea, and read a book.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x