A Wee Project.
For a while we've been looking for a blanket box to go in our bedroom. We have large wardrobes and I keep the bed linen on the top shelves, but I'm not the tallest person in the world and I can't reach it very easily. I thought it would be nice to have the linen we use most in a blanket box for easy access!
We hadn't managed to find exactly what we were looking for and then I had a brain wave! Lloyd still has his old boarding school trunk. We shipped a lot of our linen over in it so even then I must have had an idea that it suited linen.
He said he didn't mind what I did to it so I got it out of the wool shed ( this is where we keep everything!) gave it a clean then got to work with my paint brush. ☺
I'm very happy with the finished result.
this is what it looked like when we hauled it out of the shed.
after being attacked with white paint.
and finally ~ in position
It's smaller than we both remembered, but it gets everything that I wanted into it perfectly. Also bonus ~ when we opened it we found an old Egyptian cotton duvet set that was supposed to be white but had yellowed. I tried washing it today but it didn't make it white again, so we nipped into town and bought some pale blue fabric dye - perfect! We now have some beautiful pale blue linen that looks like new.