Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hob Nobs

 
Hob nob recipe

240g self-raising flour
240g sugar
240g porridge oats
240g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp hot water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Combine the flour, oats and sugar in a bowl. Add the margarine, syrup and water in a pan and heat gently until the margarine melts and the golden syrup becomes liquid. Take off the heat and stir-in the bicarbonate of soda then add to the dry ingredient mix and stir thoroughly to combine.

Tear off pieces of the dough and shape into smallish balls. Flatten these slightly and place about 5cm apart on a lightly-greased baking tray. Place in an oven pre-heated to 180°C and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a nice golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

if you want to have them with chocolate just melt a bit and drizzle over the still warm Hobnobs

This recipe makes a lot  ( around 30) so if there are only 2 of you, like Lloyd and I, then you could half it. I didn't and we'll be eating them for weeks! 

Oh yum!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:31 pm

    They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only have to add coconut and voila! .....anzac biscuits! Maa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Maa....I thought o....Anzac biscuits. Warm them, add icecream and choc sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm! I think these would make a great treat for us goats! I will now demand that my lady make a batch! I know she has all the ingredients in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot tea or coffee is all you need now. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x