Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's that time of year again

Eating outside is back on the menu!
 Time to get the oil cloth back out ( hopefully the creases will soften out!) 
Last night we had NandS round for the last of our Soup and Sandwich nights and were able to sit out on the new deck and have a wee drink and some nibbles. We almost managed to have our soup outside as well, but it got a tiny bit chilly. It was lovely, though.


Can you spot the potatoes chitting away under the chair?

My mum is arriving in 3 and a bit weeks so just getting everything ready and all lovely for her.

It's Labour weekend this week and the forecast is absolutely stunning so we may even fill our spa which has been empty for a few months.  All our friends use their spas religiously all winter but Lloyd and I never seem to use ours then. When our one comes into its own is over summer. It gets so hot when I'm working in the garden, but I find if I turn the heat down to one degree below body temperature I can sit in it to cool down! I'm in and out of it about 3 or 4 times a day! Bliss.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 pm

    Ahhhh, summertime. That is bliss! Your outdoor table looks so inviting and pretty.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:29 pm

    Sounds like a wonderful time of year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura's Mum4:34 pm

    Sounds lovely over there!
    Counting from here, I leave 2 weeks on Sunday!
    I've a lovely lady called Elsie coming in to do the house. Your dad likes
    her so we are both happy!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments, it lets me know there are folk out there reading my ramblings! Thank you, I appreciate them loads and loads
Laura x